In late 2008, we opened our new dining room. This beautiful dining room on Lake of the Woods has a spectacular view of the lake. The dining room is warm and inviting with a gorgeous pine log interior wall and a beautiful stone fireplace that creates a magnificent place to be in the Spring and Fall. For those hot Summer days the dinning room is fully air-conditioned for your comfort.
The American Plan option allows you to come north on your Canadian fishing or hunting trip and not have to worry about preparing any meals – we do all the work for you! This way, you can spend your time planning the day’s strategy or enjoying yourself by relaxing on the deck. You won’t have to buy groceries, do dishes or the other tasks you need to do under our regular housekeeping plan.
We offer 3 meal plan choices:
- Full American Plan (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Modified American Plan (breakfast & dinner)
- European Plan (dinner)
*All of our meals are home cooking. No processed food here.
Here is an example of the kind of breakfasts we make:
- Bacon & Eggs, hashbrowns, homemade bread toasted with homemade preserves. Orange juice, coffee, tea, milk.
- Sausage and French Toast served with maple syrup. Same drink choices as above.
- Breakfast sausage and Pancakes served with maple syrup. Same drink choices as above.
If you are on guided fishing trip, lunch will be a shore lunch which consists of the fish you catch battered and cooked on an open fire. Also cooked on the open fire are potatoes and baked beans. There is also homemade bread and bottled water. Then, to satisfy that sweet tooth there is a homemade dessert. If you are not on a shore lunch we can pack you delicious sandwiches with a homemade dessert.
Here are some examples of our dinner meals:
- Roasted beef with roasted potatoes, glazed carrots, salad, homemade bread fresh each day and homemade cheese cake.
- Barbecue baby back ribs slow cooked for tenderness, served with potatoes baked in the oven with parmesan & garlic, garden vegetables, homemade bread and salad. Homemade chocolate cake.
- Roasted chicken, white and wild rice in herb seasoning, broccoli, salad, homemade bread, homemade Upside Down Pineapple Cake.
- Spiced roasted pork served with baked potatoes with bacon bits, chives and sour cream, medley of vegetable, salad, homemade bread, homemade Brownie Sundae.
- Lasagne Served with Caesar Salad, homemade garlic cheese bread, homemade apple rhubarb crisp.
- 14oz Ribeye Steak, with twice baked potatoes, mini green beans with roasted almonds, spinach cranberry asian salad, homemade bread, strawberry short cake.